DanceCenter Ballroom & Latin Dance Studio
DanceCenter Ballroom & Latin Dance Studio
3686 E. Sunset Rd. Ste. 105
Las Vegas, NV 89120
Join the DanceCenter Newsletter to receive updates and notifications of upcoming events.
Wed, 8/13–Sat, 8/16
Nevada Star Ball
Kids Summer Showcase
Adult Summer Showcase
$20 per person, $15 for DC Members, RSVP only
50's Sock Hop Party
Closed at 5 p.m.
Thanksgiving Potluck Party
Closed at 5 p.m. for Thanksgiving
Thu, 11/26–Sun, 11/30
How to get started:
- Call to schedule your personal introductory private lesson for only $25
- Drop into any group class for only $12
- Become a DanceCenter Member for only $75 a month, with a one-time $50 registration payment
- Unlimited access to group classes (around 40–45 classes offered each month)
- Half-off admission to Saturday night parties
- Discounts on Nights Out on the Town, specialty workshops, and master classes
- Free practice space if scheduled during non-peak hours (12:45–6:00 p.m.)
- Friday, Sept. 12, 7:00–8:00 p.m.
- $20 per person, $15 for DC Members
- RSVP only, to ensure even numbers of men and women. Limited space available.
This fun dance originated in Cuba in the 1950s. In Rueda, the followers are passed around in the circle, with the leaders rapidly exchanging partners, and numerous complicated moves are done in synchronization to the beat of Salsa music. Each move has a name, many having hand signals, and are called by the leader of the Rueda. The moves, which are also known as "calls," are sometimes called in extremely quick succession, creating a very dynamic and exciting atmosphere for everyone involved. The hand signals are designed for people to be able to dance a Rueda in a loud club setting. In addition, Rueda allows many to take part in the action! As few as two couples can dance Casino Rueda, up to as large as a space can hold! Sometimes as many as fifty couples dance the Rueda, even in circles within circles!
A wonderful new group dynamic occurs when dancing Casino Rueda. There is a unique level of awareness, unmatched in other dances, required by the group for the dance to look stylish, flow smoothly, and above all, to keep it entertaining and fun for those dancing as well as for those watching! Dancers learn to open their sphere of awareness and their peripheral vision, beyond the normal restricted space of solo or partner dancing. In this way, dancers coordinate and adjust their individual feel, timing, and style to make the Rueda work. It is very exciting when the entire Rueda is moving smoothly and on beat! A unique group atmosphere develops as you feel the whole Rueda flow, while listening to the wonderful Afro-Cuban/Latin-American music. It is simply an exciting dance that is fun to do and a pleasure to watch.
DanceCenter Kids Classes
- 4:30–5:15 p.m. Creative Movement (Ages 3–4)
*Currently taking registration
- 6:00–6:45 p.m. Kids Competition Ballroom & Latin Class (Ages 10–14, Invitation only)
- 4:30–5:15 a.m. Ballet/Jazz/Ballroom Combo Class (Ages 5–6)
- 5:15–6:00 p.m. Ballet 2 (Ages 7–8) This class should go with the 6:00 Ballroom 2 Class
- 6:00–6:45 p.m. Ballroom 2 (Ages 7–8) This class should go with the Ballet 2 Class
- 11:00–11:45 a.m. Ballet/Jazz/Ballroom Combo Class (Ages 5–7) Studio A
- 11:00–11:45 a.m. Creative Movement (Ages 3–4) Studio B
- 12:00–12:45 p.m. Ballet (Ages 7–10)
- 12:45–1:30 p.m. Ballroom (Ages 7–10)
Hold your spot in that class today by calling: 702-434-8800.Monthly Prices
- 1 Class per week: $30
- 2 Classes per week (or 2 children in one class): $55
- 3 Classes per week: $80
- 4 Classes per week: $105
- Unlimited children's pass: $175 per month
One-time $25 registration fee per child
Coming Soon: Instructional Dance Videos
Fundraiser for Up Kids!
Up Kids was developed to help parents who may face or are facing Down syndrome, Autism, or any other type of intellectual disability with their children. Ray Garza, the founder of this amazing organization, has a very personal story of how and why he got this whole thing started. Visit http://www.upkids.org/ to learn more.
Let us make your wedding dance perfect!
Getting married? Know someone who is?
DanceCenter is the studio to make your special day absolutely perfect. Let us create your wedding dance especially tailored just for the two of you. Whether you want to surprise your guests with a choreographed extravaganza, or just need a little help feeling more comfortable on the dance floor, DanceCenter can get you there.
Come try out your first Private Lesson for just $25.